Saturday, August 6, 2011

boxers or briefs

A friend recently asked my thoughts on boxers or briefs.
Well, being female, I wear briefs, though for a short time I did wear boxers as shorts. I'd simply sew the fly closed and wear them over my briefs. I don't think they even make boxers for women.
Anyway, when it comes to men's ware I think it's personal choice, though it seems it might be determined by activity. I've heard that it's cooler, temperature-wise, to wear boxers, so then it would make sense to wear boxers when it's hot. Boxers would also make sense when you're wearing dress clothes. It creates a cleaner line on the trousers.
If you're a very active man it seems that briefs would be a better choice for you. I've been told that briefs are better for keeping things close to the body and not escaping out the leg of your shorts. That would just be uncomfortable for all those involved.
Now from an asthetic point of view, I think one should take body type into consideration. Boxers seem to flatter a broader range of shapes while briefs exaggerate one's gut a little more. I know it's "under" wear and called that for where it's worn, but let's face it, there comes a time when another person is going to see you in your underwear. We'd all like to think they really aren't paying that much attention, but how can you be sure? Don't you want to always look your best?

No comments:

Post a Comment