Friday, February 15, 2013

It's black OR it's white

I live in a black and white world.  For as long as I can remember I have been this way.  Now, I'm not saying I haven't/don't do things I shoudn't, unfortunately.  But I will say that I have an overdeveloped ense of guilt, and it will eat at me until I make things right.

As I grow older, I seem to be more rigid in this thought process.  As I look around and see all the crap going on in our world, the more I can attribute to people simply breaking the rules and never taking responsibility for their actions.  It's amazing how we all expect others to play by the rules, at least in their dealing with us, but we rationalize our actions so we're permitted to do whatever what we want and have a cow if we have to face the consequences.

When did "right" and "wrong" become the same thing?  When did we decide we're above rules, laws, common decency?  Oh, right.  The Garden of Eden.  And look how well that turned out for us.  I just think that the world would be a better place if we focused on being our best, dealing with the things in our life and stop playing the victim, trying to escape the conseguences of our decisions and actions. 

No, this isn't aimed at one particlar person.  It's a sad commentary on humanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment