Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sold!

Someone bought my house today.

It had been on the market for seven months. The hubby and I were both getting pretty close to the end of our ropes with the whole process. Keeping it perpetually clean and ever-ready for someone to come look at it was exhausting.  Now that aspect is over and a huge weight has been lifted.

We've had many good times in this home.  It's where our children grew up.  Friends gathered here, filling it with love and laughter.  It's been a safe haven, to us and others, in some very stormy times.  It has fulfilled it's purpose for us, for this time, and it's time to let go.  I feel like a new chapter is being opened.  Our children are grown and embarking on their own journeys in life.  The hubby and I are too. 

I am excited to see what this move holds and what is yet to come.  I long to be more involved where I volunteer; to not have to drive so far to get there.  I am excited to live in the city and be able to walk places, to explore my new community.  I look forward to living in a single-story house which will (supposedly) alleviate some of my health issues.  It all sounds so promising.

I am ready to move on.  While many of my memories of this place are wonderful and happy, some very painful things are also associated with this place.  Events I would prefer to forget: the loss of friendships, the death of beloved pets, foster children being returned to their family.  My heart is full, but also aches, when I look back on the life of this house. It's time to go, and I will cherish the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment