Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine memory

My first Valentine's Day with my husband was in the middle of a blizzard.  He had made us dinner reservations at The Gateway Lodge, a fabulous retreat in the middle of Cook's Forest.  It's a rustic setting, but I had never been anywhere so fancy before.

Don drove an O-L-D toyots celica, and it was a lot like sitting on the ground.  Navigating the snow and ice was pretty tricky.  Of course, I wasn't dressed appropriately for the weather, in a dress and very high heels.  Fortunately, hiking through the snow wasn't necessary.

We were seated by the fire, with chocolates and flowers already at the table.  I don't remember what I ate, but I do remember how handsome my (now) hubby looked in the glow of candle- and firelight.  I felt incredibly special that night.

I should have known the adventure that night was only a foretaste of many adventures to come.  Life with Don is anything but dull!  But I'd hate to think what I would have missed out on had I not met him.  I love him more every day, and I know he feels the same.  I am so blessed to be his number 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment