Monday, February 4, 2013

Perspective

I was just listening to the song "Blessings in Disguise" by Laura Story.  It stirred up so many emotions because it so perfectly described many of my feelings lately.  When something goes wrong, it's so easy to question why.  But, really, what right do I have to expect that I should just drift through life, problem free, healthy and prosperous?

Now, before you go getting all up in arms, I'm not bashing people who have money, or their health, or supposedly no problems.  But the truth is, none of us really know what is going on in someone else's life.  The point I am trying to make is that I think things happen in our lives for a reason. In that moment I don't always react the best way.  I am human. But when I've had time to step back and get some perspective, things seem to make a little more sense.

I'm not saying I always have the answers, and frankly, I'm pretty sure I don't want them.  Talk about pressure!  But I have to believe that it makes sense, somehow.  That it's not just fate or punishment.  I can't believe things "just happen".  God has a purpose in it all.  I will trust Him to help me see through the disguise.

Blessings - Laura Story at WGTS Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment