Sunday, January 20, 2013

New friends

Sometimes, just meeting people can make all the difference. 
We started attending a new church about three months ago.  We're planning to move down into the city, so we decided to find a church near where we want to live.  The problem?  It's a HUGE church. 

Now this isn't a problem for my husband, Mr. social butterfly.  EVERYone is his friend.  It's a little harder for me.  I prefer to pick my own friends, in my own time, and not have them foisted on me as "a good fit".  So, that's the stage we've been in recently.

Today after church was a meet the church event.  I'm not really a big fan of these as they just serve to single out the newer people in a more conspicuous way.  But we went.  Immediately the hubby found people he'd spoken to before.  Great.

We met most of the staff, and I did get to meet a few other ladies.  I wouldn't say there was a huge amount of chemistry with most of them, but I did find one more like me and we talked quite a while.  Will it be a fast friendship?  Who knows, but now I have people to say "hi" to each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment