Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sliding

I got up this morning and my son's car was parked, cock-eyed, at the bottom of the driveway.  Interesting, I thought.  I often don't understand why he does what he does, so this seemed like one of those things.

When he got out of bed, I asked him about his unique park job.  He went to the window and looked out.  "I didn't park there".  Hmmm.  It seems that the car drifted down the icy driveway overnight.  It's a good thing he had the wheel turned.  It caused the car to slightly turn sideways, instead of going straight out into the street and into the neighbor's yard.

I've been feeling a little like my life is just going along, on auto pilot, lately.  I, too, could easily slide down a slippery slope if my "wheel" weren't turned.  Finding hope in the small, daily details brings sanity and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment